At the Crim Fitness Foundation, we recognize that health is influenced by many factors. The Crim's active living team works to create long term health impacts by addressing social determinants of health through policy, system and environment change.
Understanding that this is best accomplished with a diverse collaborative of organizations and individuals, the Crim facilitates the work of Safe & Active Genesee for Everyone, a group of nonprofits, residents, businesses and government agencies who advocate for and support for policy, system and environment changes that promote equitable access safe opportunities to be physically active throughout Genesee County.
Each year, the SAGE coalition reviews a plan of action and determines its activities for the year.
In 2018, the coalition will:
- Provide Advocacy Training for Genesee County residents
- Advocate for Complete Streets, Vulnerable Roadway Users Law and Bike Education to be incorporated into Drivers Education classes
- Advocate for health impacts to be considered in all policies
- Safe Routes to School
- Leadership & Advocacy Training
- Neighborhood Plan Implementation
- Participate in the Genesee: Our Community, Our Future long range master plan
- Educate elected officials on Complete Streets
- Educate elected officials on Vulnerable Roadway Users
- Advocate for health in all policies
Stay up to date on the latest from SAGE by joining our newsletter. You'll be informed about upcoming meetings, events and opportunities.
- Eastside Franklin Park Neighborhood Association
- Ballenger Highway Neighborhood Association
- Village of Goodrich