About Active Communities
At the Crim Fitness Foundation, we recognize that health is influenced by many factors. Everything from whether you own a bike to the number of working street lights in your neighborhood can shape your health and wellness opportunities.
The Crim’s Active Communities team works to create safe, healthy and equitable communities through long term interventions of policy, systems and environment change.
The Active Communities team major projects and activities include:
- Convene and facilitate Safe & Active Genesee for Everyone.
- Creating Safe Routes to School for all Flint youth (link to page)
- Leadership and Advocacy Training for Genesee County residents
- Collaborate with local agencies to create a comprehensive map of sidewalk conditions in the City of Flint
- Assist neighborhood groups in activating parks and public spaces
- Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design assessments
- Serve on the Genesee County long range plan steering committee
- Educate elected officials on Complete Streets
- Advocate for health to be considered in all policies