About Active Communities
At the Crim Fitness Foundation, we recognize that health is influenced by many factors. Everything from whether you own a bike to the number of working street lights in your neighborhood can shape your health and wellness opportunities.
The Crim’s Active Communities team works to create accessible, vibrant and healthy communities by addressing social determinants of health with policy, system and environmental change.
The Active Communities team major projects and activities include:
- Convene and facilitate Safe & Active Genesee for Everyone.
- Creating Safe Routes to School for all Flint youth (link to page)
- Providing Advocacy Training for Genesee County residents
- Assisting Flint neighborhood groups in master plan implementation
- Play an active role in the creation of the Genesee County long range plan
- Educate elected officials on Complete Streets
- Advocate for health impacts to be considered in all policies