Tour De Crim
Saturday, September 29, 2018
Register today and join your fellow bicycle enthusiasts on Saturday, Sept. 29 for the 6th annual HAP Tour de Crim! The ride will begin with a mass start at noon at Factory One, 303 Water Street. Packet pick up and registration will take place at the beginning at Factory Two, 129 N Grand Traverse St.
Not only will you be registered for this family, fun bike ride, but proceeds of the ride will benefit the Crim Fitness Foundation’s Active Communities programming, which focuses on creating a safe, walkable and bikeable Flint and Genesee County.
What's Included With This Year's Race
This year, the HAP Tour de Crim will include a Post Ride Festival featuring music, pop up shops, food trucks, yard games, moonwalks and bounce houses, interactive bike-art station, microbrews and root beer by Tenacity Brewing, and artisan breads by Crust Bakery. In addition, Factory Two will be open for tours and membership sign up.
All ages are welcome in the HAP Tour de Crim. In addition, trailers and tagalongs designed for the youngest riders are allowed. Helmet and bicycle rentals will be available through the UM-Flint Recreation Center on a first come, first served basis.
Support Crim's Active Communities Program
The Crim’s Active Communities team works to create safe, healthy and equitable communities and a safe, walkable and bikeable Flint and Genesee County. By registering for the Tour DeCrim, you are helping the Active Communities team reach these goals. The Active Communities team major projects and activities include:
- Advocate for policies that create a safe environment for walking and biking
- Creating safe walking and bicycling routes to school for children in Flint and Genesee County
- Leadership and advocacy training for Genesee County residents
- Support for communities who want to create a safe walking and bicycling environment
- Assessing sidewalk conditions in communities
- Work with neighborhood groups to active public spaces
- Traffic calming projects
- Crime prevention assessments
- Educate elected officials on policies that impact opportunities to be active
- Advocate for health to be considered in all policies
- Consider health promotion through environmental design