Racer/Spectator Access & Security Procedures
International airport security rules require a much more rigorous process than your typical race. PLEASE read the procedures and regulations thoroughly to ensure you have everything you need to get into the airport. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE REQUIRED CREDENTIALS, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED INTO THE AIRPORT!
You must pick up your bib/spectator passes on Thursday or Friday of race week. THERE WILL BE NO RACE DAY PACKET PICKUP
NEW REQUIREMENT FOR ALL SPECTATORS
Because of the higher registration numbers, Bishop Airport Security and TSA are requiring a more rigorous process. The information requested will be used by TSA and Bishop to conduct a basic security check.
- All spectators (including children and infants) must be pre-registered by Monday, November 4 - the registration link has been sent to all registered racers
- Racers: even if you opted in for spectator passes during registration, you will still need to have them register through the link you received via email
- Racers can register spectators, but will need to provide their full legal name and date of birth. Otherwise, please share the spectator registration link with those who plan on attending the event with racers.
Spectators can also register by calling the Crim office at 810-235-3396 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
ALL RACERS AND SPECTATORS MUST GO THROUGH THE SECURITY CHECK AT THE “GOLF TEES” ENTRANCE IN ORDER TO ATTEND THE EVENT.
To get into the airport, you MUST have your bib or spectator pass visible at security check.
- A few more notes...
- Accessing the spectator area is no different than boarding a flight from a security standpoint (TSA guidelines)
- If a spectator is not registered, airport security staff will not allow you on the premises, NO EXCEPTIONS
- No bags or backpacks will be allowed in the spectator area or on the course
- All spectators must be registered by Monday, November 4, 2019.
- Racers and spectators must enter the airport in a vehicle, not on foot! Any spectator or racer attempting to enter the security check by foot will be turned away, NO EXCEPTIONS
- This is a trashless course! That means no disposable water bottles, nutrition wrappers, and no cups. Any waste, or FOD (foreign object debris) on a runway creates serious safety hazards and can damage aircraft.
- No backpacks or fanny packs in the spectator area or on the course. Event parking is directly adjacent to the spectator and start/finish lines.
- No weapons of any kind