Teddy Bear Trot
Presented by Financial Plus Credit Union
This year you can continue the great tradition of the Crim Teddy Bear Trot from wherever you are! Complete your race between August 14 and 23, on the route of your choice. Teddy Bear Trot racers will receive a traditional event t-shirt, a race bib and commemorative medal.
Teddy Bear Trot Neighborhood Challenge: Make it a Fun Experience for All the Kids in Your Neighborhood
Make the Teddy Bear Trot even more fun and inspiring for kids by bringing your neighbors, friends and family together to do it as a group. Even though we can’t get together in the thousands, as long as we practice safe outside social distancing, we can celebrate by the dozens!
Here are some suggestions for creating a great neighborhood Teddy Bear Trot experience:
- Pick a route
- While the Crim Teddy Bear Trot is a quarter-mile, you can make it whatever distance will be the most fun, challenging and doable for your kids;
- Pick a street, sidewalk or trail with minimal automobile traffic and as few intersections as possible (adults should be present at each intersection);
- Consider an out-and-back or loop route, with the Start and Finish in the same spot;
- Pick a start and finish area where everyone present can gather safely - consider a yard, field/playground, or cul-de-sac
- Invite other families to participate
- Share the HAP Virtual Crim Registration Page with friends and family
- Mark the Start, Finish and course
- Use a rope, poles/stanchions, or other “line” to mark the Start and Finish, any intersections and turns, and turnaround points (an adult should be at the turnaround and each turn)
- Make the Start & Finish fun!
- Play fun music from a portable speaker or a vehicle. You can do a search for “Kids Party Mix” on YouTube, Spotify, and other streaming services for upbeat and appropriate music.
- Have the kids’ Teddy Bear Trot medals (and maybe shirts too) ready to hand out as kids finish
- Have water and food ready (each family may want to bring their own to maximize safety)
- Take LOTS of pictures, and share them on your social media page with the tags #VirtualCrim and @myFPCU
What do you get when you register for the HAP Virtual Crim's Teddy Bear Trot?
Before the Race:
- Access to exclusive content just for virtual racers
- Opportunity to pick up or have us mail you your virtual race packet, which will include your Teddy Bear Trot shirt and finisher medal
- Access to a library of suggested virtual race courses all over Genesee County
- Support and interaction with our amazing running and walking community
During the 10 Days of Crim
- Complete your Teddy Bear Trot at any time during August 14-23, using one of our recommended courses or one of your own
- Submit your time and photo for our public virtual race results
- Daily spotlights on virtual racer experiences and inspiring stories
After the Race:
- Share your post-race selfie with your finisher medal and exclusive race swag
- Unofficial virtual race results will be posted on the Crim website
For questions about the Teddy Bear Trot, contact us at 810-235-3396 or firstname.lastname@example.org.