Dear Crim Community,
With compassion for us all during this difficult time, we are writing to you today to share the Crim Fitness Foundation's current plans in response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. We are making these plans to ensure our community including families, friends, program participants, partners, staff and loved ones are supported and most importantly not put in harm’s way. We are using this public health crisis as an opportunity to mindfully pause and reflect on how we want to handle this situation proactively and hope that you may do so as well.
Our Leadership Team and Board have been following the situation closely as it relates to upcoming events, programs, meetings and daily operations and have implemented the following measures:
- Crim staff will remain in service on a full time basis to Flint and Genesee County; with the Crim Community Education team leading efforts with the Flint Schools in reaching out to all Flint families, providing wellness checks, assisting in food delivery, etc.
- Crim public engagement programming will be halted effective immediately, including sports, mindfulness and nutrition education;
- Staff travel is immediately restricted; including external work-related conferences, meetings, seminars or events. Alternatively, staff are encouraged to participate remotely in any external meetings or events.
- The Crim office will be closed to the public effective today, March 16, 2020 until further notice;
- Our Mindfulness Team will be sharing resources for addressing community and personal stress;
- Community School Directors and school-based teams will continue to work at their school buildings with the leadership teams at each site.
- The HAP Crim Festival of Races and the Adult Training Program remain on schedule;
Please rest assured that the safety, care, and peace of mind of our entire community remains our top priority. We realize this is a difficult and unpredictable time. While these decisions weren’t easy to make, they were made with the safety and well-being of all our community as our priority. Practicing mindfulness and compassion during this stressful time is needed now more than ever. We look forward to the chance to resume our regular programs as soon as it is safe to do so.
With love and kindness from all of us at the Crim Fitness Foundation,
Gerald S. Myers, CEO
Crim Fitness Foundation, Inc.