Why should you become a member of SAGE?
- Join a group who shares a vision for creating a more walkable and bikeable community and is taking action to make it happen!
- Be part of an information sharing network to learn about resources in the community and share what you are doing as well!
- Become part of a network that helps each other and draw on experts who can help you implement projects!
- There is power in collaborating as opposed to doing it on your own. Join a group that can help advocate for policy changes.
- Create lasting relationships with other organizations and individuals who can support each other!
What can SAGE offer you?
- Provide expertise in policy, systems and environment change to help you create change in your community.
- Connect you with other partners and organizations leading active living initiatives across the county.
- Provide use of “Share the Road” (sharrow) pavement marking stencils.
- Help with advocacy efforts for complete streets in your community.
What members say about being on Sage:
“Being a member of SAGE gives more credence to what I’m saying as an individual when I’m talking to people. It’s not just me. It’s a whole group. There’s a backing for this idea of active living.” ~ Marie Jones Watts, Community Member
“It’s about what we can share. It’s about putting our heads together and saying we can work this out and make this thing happen. Plus it’s just fun.” ~ Nancy Edwards, Genesee County Park & Recreation.
- City of Flint – Planning
- City of Flint – Parks
- Commit to Fit/Greater Flint Health Coalition
- Ballenger Highway Neighborhood Association
- Berston Bicycle Club
- Sylvester Broome Empowerment Village
- Community Mental Health
- Crim Safe Routes to School
- Disability Network
- Eastside Franklin Park Neighborhood Group
- edible flint
- Fairfield Village Neighborhood Group
- Flint’s Community Education Initiative
- Flint Neighborhoods United
- Friends of the Flint River Trail
- Flint River Corridor Alliance
- Flint Urban Safety Corps
- Genesee County Health Department
- Genesee County Metropolitan Planning Commission
- Genesee County Parks
- GSI Michigan Works
- Habitat for Humanity
- Hurley Medical Center
- Kettering University
- Mass Transportation Authority
- Metawanenee Hills Neighborhood Association
- MSU – Extension
- MSU – Science of Human Medicine
- National Kidney Foundation of Michigan
- Neighborhood Engagement Hub
- Recycle Bike Shop
- UM- Flint Rec Center and Bike/Walk Work Group
- UM-Flint Student Outreach
- Valley Area Agency on Aging
- Village of Goodrich