MAKING YOUR COMMUNITY A BETTER PLACE TO LIVE, WORK AND PLAY
Roadways designed (or redesigned) and operated to enable safe access for all users. Pedestrians, bicyclists, motorists and transit riders of all ages and disabilities must be able to safely move along and across a complete street.
What Complete Streets means for your community?
- An improvement in budgeting for non-motorized transportation projects.
- Government agencies will communicate with one another regarding roadway projects.
- Government agencies will have a standard to follow when completing non-motorized projects.
What are the benefits to creating Complete Streets?
- Create a livable community
- Spark economic revitalization
- Provide children, older adults and persons with disabilities with safe mobility options
- Promote healthy lifestyles
- Create connected transportation networks
- Make public transit safe and convenient
- Reduce air and water pollution