Friday & Saturday, Aug. 26 – 27
For runners and walkers of all levels and ages, the 2016 HealthPlus Crim Festival of Races has it all! The streets of downtown Flint will once again be packed for the city’s biggest celebration of the year. Take a look below at the races this year’s event has to offer.
ONLINE REGISTRATION IS OFFICIALLY CLOSED
Online registration has officially closed for the 2016 HealthPlus Crim Festival of Races.
There’s Still Time!
Registration will resume on Thursday, August 25 at 2pm at the Health and Fitness Expo in the Riverfront Conference Center. For more information on Packet Pick Up and Late Registration, click here.
The Crim office will NOT accept any paper applications Wednesday, August 24.
Already registered? Click here for racer information and frequently asked questions.
Click here to download the official Crimformation race program.
Back by popular demand: Racer Text Alerts presented by Kettering University
Click here to track a racer’s progress and finish time via text message and Facebook alerts.
2016 HEALTHPLUS CRIM FESTIVAL OF RACES
KEY RACER INFORMATION
PLEASE READ IN ITS ENTIRETY
Welcome to the 40th Annual HealthPlus Crim Festival of Races!
Please review the information below for all the relevant information you need to have a great Crim experience. In addition, you can visit crim.org for answers to many of your questions
Your Race and Bib Number
Click here to confirm your race and look up your bib number.
Be sure to look up your number before the Expo to ensure the fastest pickup.
Bib & T-shirt Pickup: 2016 Crim Health & Fitness Expo presented by Commit to Fit!
EXPO LOCATION: Riverfront Banquet Center, 1 Riverfront Center West, Flint, MI 48502
Thursday, August 25, 2016 2:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Friday, August 26, 2016 11:00 am – 8:00 pm
Saturday, August 27, 2016 7:00 am – 12:00 noon (bib number pick-up and late registration starts at 6:30am and will continue until 9:00am)
BIB/T-SHIRT PICKUP POLICY: To Pick Up Your or Any Racer’s Bib You MUST Provide One of the Following:
- Identification (license, etc.) or copy of participant identification
- Written or emailed statement from participant authorizing pickup by person present
- Copy of confirmation email addressed to participant
Any of these are acceptable in hard copy or on mobile device
You will pick up your race bib and t-shirt at the Health & Fitness Expo presented by Commit to Fit!. Your bib is imprinted with your race number and your timing device attached to it. It identifies you, and only you, as an official competitor.
- Unauthorized transfer of bib numbers is illegal!
- You must wear the bib on your FRONT, and it must be visible at all times during the event. Otherwise, timing sensors at the start and finish will not scan your bib and you will NOT receive an official time.
- Competitive Walkers will also have a bib to be worn on the back.
- Runners/Walkers without their numbers visible are subject to disqualification.
- You may not alter the bib or the number printing in any way.
- When you arrive at the Expo, go to the packet pick up area, where volunteers will be ready to assist you.
Crim Pasta Party
Festival Lot at Kearsley & Saginaw St. in downtown Flint
Friday, August 26
4:30 PM-9 PM
Cost: $10 adults
As part of the tradition of the HealthPlus Crim Festival of Races, the Shelter of Flint provides a Pasta Party open to all participants, family members and the general public. The event is held on the Festival Lot on Saginaw Street. The cost includes all you can eat pasta, salad, bread and drink. All proceeds benefit The Shelter of Flint.
For more information, please contact Shelter of Flint at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the shelter at 810-238-4711 ext. 304.
FRIDAY, AUGUST 26
- Michigan Special Olympics Race Presented By Grand Blanc Motorcars
- Start time: 6pm, Saginaw Street in Downtown Flint
Michigan Mile Race Series [Map]
- 6:30pm – USATF Masters Men
- 6:45pm – USATF Masters Women
- 7:00pm – Seeded Male Racers
- 7:07pm – Seeded Female Racers
- 7:15pm – High School Challenge (only high school racers registered as a team)
- 7:20pm – Open Mile
- 7:25pm – Young Runners Mile (12 and under. Parents welcome to accompany children. Strollers welcome at the back.)
You are racing in the Michigan Mile Open if you have not registered as a professional, for the USATF Masters Championship, for the High School Challenge, or if you are older than 13 years old.
High School Challenge racers MUST be registered with their school team.
The Crim is excited to host the 2016 USATF Masters Mile National Championship! Visit the USATF event page for registration and details.
You MUST be a current USATF member and must register via the USATF registration site to compete in the 2016 USATF Masters Road Mile National Championship race during the Michigan Mile. Once your registration is complete on the USATF site, there is no need to also register for the one-mile race via the Crim’s system.
SATURDAY, AUGUST 27
*** IMPORTANT: Plan to arrive at your corral area at least 15 minutes before your start time.
10 Mile Race presented by McLaren Flint [Map]
- 7:30am – Wheelers and hand cyclists, sponsored by Fusion Medical
- 7:45am – 30 Year Runners
- 8am – Run/Walk – 10 Mile Competitive Walk Guidelines
8K Race presented by Al Serra Auto Plaza [Map]
- 9:30am – Run
- 9:40am – Walk
5K Race presented by FirstMerit Bank, now part of Huntington Bank [Map]
- 10am – Run
- 10:10am – Family Walk (strollers allowed in final wave)
- All racers participating in both the 10 mile and 5K must finish the 10 mile race in time to start the 5K by 10:45am at the latest.
Teddy Bear Trot presented by Financial Plus Credit Union
- 12pm (parents welcome to accompany kids)
- Race starts in front of City Hall on Saginaw Street and ends at festival finish line (Distance: .29 miles)
11:30 a.m. Awards for Overall and Masters winners will be presented at the Festival Lot stage sponsored by Consumers Energy.
10 Mile Wave Starts with Letter-coded Corrals
Please arrive at your corral area at least 15 minutes before your start time.
The Crim 10 Mile race will have as many as 10,000 participants! To ease congestion at the start, runners and walkers are assigned to a corral according to their anticipated finish time. If you did not include an anticipated finish time when you registered you will be placed in the last start corral.
- Corral entrances are at the back of each corral.
- When the Start horn blasts, the first wave will be released. Approximately 90 seconds after one wave goes off, the next wave will begin, until all waves have been released.
- If you want to run/walk with a family member or friend that is in a different corral, the racer assigned to the faster corral is welcome to move back to a slower corral, but no one is allowed to move forward.
Combo Racers Important Details
If you signed up for a Combo to race in the 10 Mile plus the 5K (Crim Half) or the 8K (Crim 15):
- You will receive one shirt and one Combo bib that will work for both of your events.
- Once you finish the 10 Mile leg of your race, grab your 10 Mile medal, take in some fluids and nutrition, and make your way straight through the finish area back to the main start line for your next race.
- If you finish the 10 Mile early, you’ll need to wait until the mass start of the 8K or 5K race.
At 9:50am, a group warm-up will keep you moving before the 5K, courtesy of Advanced Physical Therapy Centers (APTC), at the start line.
- The 8K start timing mats will only be open until 9:45am, due to the need to set up for the 5K start. You will NOT be able to cross the starting mats and receive an official 8K time if you do not complete the 10 Mile race in time to get to the 8K start by 9:45.
- The 5K start timing mats will be open until 10:45am.
- Please note: instant finish times will not be available for combo racers until 3-4 hours after the race. Results prior to that time may not be accurate.
Course maps can be downloaded on the Race Course Maps page. Scroll down to your event to locate the link to each map.
Parking: Use the Shuttle Lot and Save the Headache!
Ample parking is available at the McLaren/Diplomat parking lot at the corner of Saginaw and Atherton Streets from 6:30am – 3:00pm (formerly Great Lakes Tech Center/AC Delco). Six buses, generously provided by Flint MTA, will be continuously looping between the shuttle parking lot and the Start/Finish area. Be sure to arrive at the shuttle parking lot at least one hour prior to your race.
Click here to download a map of shuttle lot parking and other parking options.
Directions to the Start Line
Click here for a Google map of the Crim Start Line
All Official Water Provided by Absopure
All official Crim water is generously provided by Absopure! This includes water at the Start, Finish, the 16 official water stations along the course, and the Festival lot.
Know Your Time Immediately After the Race
Instant Finish Times presented by Plante Moran
Once you cross the finish line, you can use your smartphone to scan the QR code on your bib and see your official finish results! Please note: instant finish times will not be available for combo racers until 3-4 hours after the race. Results prior to that time may not be accurate.
Recycle Your Bottles!
Thanks to support from GM, you can recycle all plastic water bottles during the race. Just look for the bins in the finisher area and throughout the Festival lot. Your
Porta-potties are located at each mile throughout the course, as well as in abundance on Kearsley Street near the Start/Finish area and Festival Lot.
Get your official race photos here
Pleased to serve Absopure water at all official Crim water stations and throughout the festival.
THANKS TO OUR GENEROUS SPONSORS AND PARTNERS:
The HealthPlus Crim Festival of Races is made possible by the generous support of our sponsors. Please support our sponsors who are displayed in the sponsor area of the race website at crim.org.
Festival Title Sponsor – HAP – HealthPlus of Michigan
Crim 10-Mile – McLaren-Flint
Crim 10-Miler Wheeler Division – Fusion Medical
Crim 8K Sponsor – Al Serra Auto Plaza
Crim 5K Sponsor – FirstMerit, now part of Huntington Bank
Michigan Mile Race Series – University of Michigan-Flint
USATF Masters Mile National Championship – Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce
Convention & Visitors Bureau
High School Challenge & Young Runners Mile – University of Michigan-Flint
Teddy Bear Trot – Financial Plus Credit Union
King and Queen of the Hills Challenge – Patsy Lou Automotive Group
Main Stage – Consumers Energy
Main Festival Tent: Kettering University
Health & Fitness Expo – Commit To Fit!
Runner Recovery Zone – VG’s Grocery
All Official Race Water – Absopure
Race Course Safety – William E. Walter, Inc.
Finish Line – Diplomat Pharmacy
10 Mile Halfway Arch and VIP Tent – Chase Bank
VIP Reception – Bishop International Airport
Volunteer Program – Dental Care Team, Huntington Bank
Family Activities Area – Meijer
Race Registration Area – Team One Credit Union
Festival Lot – Michigan State University College of Human Medicine
Signs – Bill Carr Signs
MLive Media Group
MEDICAL SUPPORT SERVICES
Hurley Medical Center
Blue Care Network/Blue Cross
Brick Street Bar and Grill
C & L Ward
Lewis & Knopf, CPAs, P.C.
Smitty’s Towing and Service
WATER STATION SPONSORS
All Official Water Stations Supplied with Absopure Water
Blue Care Network/Blue Cross
HAP – HealthPlus
Powers Catholic H.S./Northgate
University of Michigan-Flint Recreation Center
Downtown Flint Kiwanis
Court Street Methodist
Kettering Lambda Chi Alpha
Kettering Sigma Nu
Genesee Early College Robotics Team
Flint City Derby Girls
Boy Scouts of America
Mott Community College
South Baptist Church
South Flint Tabernacle
St John’s Fenton
Flint Sunrise Rotary
West Court Street Church of God
Communities First, Inc.
Flint/Genesee Job Corps Center
Bristol Rd. Church of Christ
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc..- Zeta Beta Omega Chapter
Lilli and the Pops
Jazz on Wheels
Academy de la Danse
Bristol Rd Church of Christ
Swartz Creek High School Dragons Marching Band
Faith Hartig Moonboots
Mott Cheer Team
American Red Cross
Brickstreet Bar and Grill
City of Flint
College Hunks Hauling Junk
Flint Local 432
Flint Rogues Rugby Club
Gazall Lewis & Associates
Genesee County Sheriff
Hank Graff Truck
Landaal Packaging Systems
The Great Out On, Inc.
Steve & Rosanne Heddy
Vehicle City Motorsports
Mobile Medical Response – Ambulance