Source: Michigan State University Extension
- 3 slices bacon cut in ½ inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups fresh raw spinach washed and coarsely chopped
- 1. Fry bacon pieces until crisp in frying pan. Remove from pan and pat bacon with paper towel or napkin to absorb grease.
- 2. Pour bacon grease out of pan and discard.
- 3. Turn off heat. Mix sugar and vinegar in frying pan used for bacon until sugar dissolves.
- 4. Stir oil into sugar and vinegar. Turn heat on medium-low and cook until slightly thickened, stirring constantly.
- 5. Put washed spinach in large bowl. Pour hot dressing over spinach.
- 6. Add bacon.
- 7. Toss to mix and serve immediately.