- 2 large cucumbers halved lengthwise seeded and sliced
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 large tomatoes chopped
- 2/3 cup red onion chopped
- ½ cup chopped fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a large bowl toss together cucumbers, vinegar, sugar and salt.
- 2. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour, stir occasionally.
- 3. Add tomatoes, onion, mint and oil to cucumbers and stir to blend.
- 4. Season to taste with salt and pepper.