Source: Michigan State University Extension
- 2 cups cabbage, washed and shredded
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1. Put cabbage in mixing bowl.
- 2. Bring the vinegar and water to a boil in a saucepan.
- 3. Remove from heat and add other ingredients except cabbage to saucepan.
- 4. Continue to cook this mixture in the saucepan until the sugar is dissolved and hot, then pour over the shredded cabbage.
- 5. Toss and refrigerate until chilled to blend flavors.