- 1 two pound eggplant
- ½ cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1. Peel and cut eggplant into ½” slices.
- 2. Dredge eggplant through flour and shake off escess.
- 3. Beat eggs and dip eggplant slices in egg mixture.
- 4. On a plate lay down a layer of bread crumbs (or cornmeal.)
- 5. Dredge eggplant slices through bread crumbs (or cornmeal.)
- 6. Pleace slices on a rack for 15 minutes to dry.
- 7. Heat oil in pan and sauté pieces until tender.
- 8. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 9. Serve hot.
- 10. Salt and pepper to taste.
Can be topped with: Pizza sauce, Chopped Parsley, Drizzle of lemon, or Pitted black olives, diced