- 1 pound piece pumpkin peeled
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups vegetable stock or water
- 2 cups milk
- 1 Pinch cinnamon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Chop the pumpkin piece into 1″ cubes.
- 2. Heat the butter in a saucepan.
- 3. Add the onion and cook over moderate heat until it softens (6-8 minutes.)
- 4. Stir in the pumpkin pieces and cook for 2-3 minutes more.
- 5. Add the stock or water and cook until the pumpkin is soft (about 15 minutes.)
- 6. Remove from heat and puree in a blender.
- 7. Return it to the pan and stir in the milk and cinnamon.
- 8. Season with salt and pepper to taste and bring soup back to a boil.
- 9. Serve hot.