- 4 medium sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 parsnips peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1. Fill a large pot half full with water and heat until boiling.
- 2. Add parsnip and sweet potato pieces to boiling water and return to a boil.
- 3. Boil another 6-8 minutes or until tender.
- 4. Drain vegetables and place in a large bowl.
- 5. Add butter and milk and mash into vegetables until smooth.
- 6. Add salt and pepper and serve.