Source: Oregon State University Extension Service
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup bread crumbs finely ground
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 large mild onion peeled cut into ¼ inch slices
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2. Line shallow baking sheet with foil.
- 3. Brush foil with oil.
- 4. Stir bread crumbs, flour and salt together and spread on a large plate.
- 5. In a bowl, beat the egg slightly.
- 6. Separate the onion slices.
- 7. Dip in egg and press into bread crumb mixture, turning to coat both sides.
- 8. Place breaded onion rings in a single layer on the pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- 9. Turn over and bake for another 15 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.