Source: National Cancer Institute
- ¼ cup unsweetened 100% apple juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon arrowroot or corn starch
- 1 ½ cups fresh corn kernels
- 3 large tomatoes
- Basil leaves
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2. Combine the apple juice, vinegar, and arrowroot or cornstarch in a small saucepan.
- 3. Stir over a medium-high heat until clear and thickened.
- 4. Set it aside to cool.
- 5. Spread the corn on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- 6. Lightly coat with olive oil pan spray.
- 7. Roast corn in oven until it begins to brown (about 5 minutes.)
- 8. Slice the tomatoes and arrange on salad plates.
- 9. Scatter the corn over the tomatoes and drizzle the sauce around the vegetables.