- 1 tablespoon margarine or vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 large potato cut in small cubes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 1 sweet red pepper cut in ½ inch pieces
- ¼ cup vegetable or chicken stock
- Fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped or green onions
- 1. In large skillet, melt margarine over medium heat.
- 2. Add onion, potato, and bay leaf to pan, stirring often for 2-3 minutes.
- 3. Ass Brussels sprouts, red pepper, and stock.
- 4. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until sprouts and potatoes are tender (add water, if necessary, to prevent scorching.)
- 5. Season with pepper to taste.
- 6. Sprinkle with parsley or onion and serve.