Source: National Cancer Institute
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Cook asparagus in small amount of boiling water until just tender.
- Plunge in ice water to stop asparagus from cooking anymore.
- Drain well.
- Place in bowl and drizzle with oil and vinegar.
- Scatter salt, pepper and herbs over the top.
- Toss gently and let sit for ½ hour.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.