Source: National Cancer Institute
- 4 large beets with greens
- ½ cup 100% orange juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1. Wash the beets and their leaves well.
- 2. Cut the green off the beets leaving an inch of stem.
- 3. Cut the greens into ¼ inch pieces. Set aside.
- 4. Cover the beets with water in the saucepan and cook whole until tender (35-40 minutes.)
- 5. Drain and run under cold water to cool.
- 6. Peel and cut into quarters.
- 7. Pace green in large skillet with 100% orange juice.
- 8. Toss in quartered beets and continue cooking, uncovered, until they are heated through and the liquid is almost gone.
- 9. Season with salt and serve.