- 1 acorn squash halved seeds and strings discarded
- 1 yellow apple golden delicious cut into 1 inch pieces
- ½ tablespoon butter
- Fresh nutmeg to taste
- 1. Arrange squash cut-side-down in a glass dish. Prick the skin all over with a sharp knife, and microwave at high power for 10 minutes.
- 2. Put the apple in a glass measuring cup, cover with plastic wrap, and microwave it with the cooked squash for 4-6 minutes, or until both are tender.
- 3. Scoop out the squash, discarding the skin.
- 4. Pour off any liquid from the apples, and put apples and squash through a food processor.
- 5. Stir in butter, nutmeg, and salt and pepper to taste.