Rawlan Lillard II
Community School Director
Neithercut Elementary School (K-6)
2010 Crestbrook Lane Flint, Michigan 48507
Phone: 810-238-6228 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
As the Community School Director, I am responsible for securing as the community hub. To bring community schools together with community partners to offer a range of supports and opportunities to children, youth, families and communities. According to the National Center for Community Schools, partners work to achieve these results:
- Children are ready to enter school; students attend school consistently;
- Students are actively involved in learning and their community;
- Families are increasingly involved with their children’s education;
- Schools are engaged with families and communities;
- Students succeed academically;
- Students are healthy – physically, socially, and emotionally;
- Students live and learn in a safe, supportive, and stable environment, and communities are desirable places to live.
My goals as the Community School Director are:
- Increase Attendance: Students arrive to school on time, stay all day, and are prepared to learn
- Increase 3rd Grade Literacy: Students are reading at their grade level and meeting their college and career readiness benchmarks
- School Becomes a Resource to the Community: The School provides opportunities for programming and services such as basic needs, health, technology, etc for community members to use.
- Increase Graduation Rates: Students are successfully graduating from 6th grade on time and are prepared to attend a 2-4 year college, complete an apprenticeship, or perform year of national service.
Why did you choose this field?
As long as I can remember, I’ve always had a heart for my community. I have worked with children to young adults all of my professional career and I wanted to give back a little of what I have received over the years as a product of Flint Schools and as a Flint native.
What do you do in your position?
I work with my Principal and the entire Neithercut staff in developing, implementing and maintaining academic, health, and physically active programming that will help our children and families become more academically prepared health conscience. We have established a process to assist with attendance and we’re fully operational in providing sport activities for our students. I meet with potential community partners and have established partnerships that bring strong resources to the Neithercut community.
Yes. Mr. Lillard, who was a Principal at Gundry Elementary School, is my Dad.
Community Health Worker
810-339-6394 ext. 238