Flint’s Community Education Initiative (CEI) was piloted in Brownell/Holmes STEM academies in 2014-2015 school year and has since been established in the following schools:
- Brownell/Holmes STEM academies
- Durant-Tuuri-Mott Elementary School
- Eisenhower Elementary School
- Potter Elementary School
- More schools to be added in 2016-2017 school year!
What needs are being addressed?
- Community Engagement
- Sports & Physical Activity
- Nutrition Education
- Garden Education
- Health care Services
- Afterschool Programming
Needs vary from school to school. Community and public engagement will take place before programs and projects are implemented in schools.
Goals for CEI in the Flint Community Schools:
- Increase attendance
- Improve third grade reading levels
- Improve graduation rates and grade promotion
- Increase community engagement