SAGE is a collaborative of local advocates, non-profit, private and government organizations working together to advocate for and support active living initiatives that promote safe opportunities for people to be physically active throughout Genesee County.
A healthy Genesee County that provides safe and inviting public spaces where people of all ages and abilities can easily integrate fun physical activity into their daily routine.
Why should you become a member of SAGE?
- Join a group who shares a vision for creating a more walkable and bikeable community and is taking action to make it happen!
- Be part of an information sharing network to learn about resources in the community and share what you are doing as well!
- Become part of a network that helps each other and draw on experts who can help you implement projects!
- There is power in collaborating as opposed to doing it on your own. Join a group that can help advocate for policy changes.
- Create lasting relationships with other organizations and individuals who can support each other!
What can SAGE offer you?
- Provide expertise in Active Living to help you create change in your community.
- Connect you with other partners and organizations leading Active Living initiatives across the county.
- Provide use of “Share the Road” (sharrow) pavement marking stencils.
- Help with advocacy efforts for complete streets in your community.
What members say about being on Sage:
- “Being a member of SAGE gives more credence to what I’m saying as an individual when I’m talking to people. It’s not just me. It’s a whole group. There’s a backing for this idea of active living.” ~ Marie Jones Watts, Community Member
- “It’s about what we can share. It’s about putting our heads together and saying we can work this out and make this thing happen. Plus it’s just fun.” ~ Nancy Edwards, Genesee County Park & Recreation.
Become a member of SAGE by contacting Theresa Roach, Communications & Outreach Manager, at 810-235-7894 or email@example.com.